5+ years woodshop experience, $28 to $35/hr (based on experience)
Who are we?
Coolican & Company began in 2015 as “Toronto’s first small batch furniture company” but we have since outgrown the “small” part of this moniker as we cater to clients—both residential and commercial—all across North America. We prioritize integrity. We want to build furniture that is trustworthy, and to be trustworthy ourselves. It all boils down to respect - for our clients, our peers and our employees, for the materials we use, and for the planet we inhabit. In addition to our collection of products, we design custom furnishings for hospitality, retail and other luxury interiors. We also operate Toronto Woodturning, which supplies designers, fabricators and homeowners with custom made-to-order turned parts.
What is the Job?
- Managing a busy production schedule with our MRP system—training will be provided.
- Leading a team of fabricators to ensure all products are made on time and to the high level of quality that Coolican & Company is known for.
- Conducting quality control on all products before finish and delivery.
- Managing a professional woodworking shop and communicating any required purchases and upkeep—machine maintenance skills are a huge asset.
- Collaborating with the Production Manager on resolving issues as they arise.
- Executing some production processes with no oversight, helping the fabrication team to meet deadlines.
- Supporting skill development amongst junior team members in sanding, finishing, and milling.
- A fast-paced and team-oriented workshop experience.
Why work with us?
- You will create heirloom quality solid wood furniture in a supportive and inclusive workshop environment.
- You have a chance to leave your mark on a young company with a growing presence across North America.
Who are we looking for?
- A focused and organized team leader who recognizes the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- 5+ years of professional woodworking experience and 1+ year of managerial experience.
- A motivated maker who takes pride in doing things well the first time.
- An eager learner looking to develop current skills while adding new ones.
Send your CV, portfolio, and a note about why you’d be great for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage applications from people who self-identify as women, non-binary, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+