3+ years woodshop experience, $22 to $28/hr (based on experience)
Who are we?
Coolican & Company began in 2015 as “Toronto’s first small batch furniture company” but we have since outgrown the “small” part of this moniker as we cater to clients—both residential and commercial—all across North America. We prioritize integrity. We want to build furniture that is trustworthy, and to be trustworthy ourselves. It all boils down to respect - for our clients, our peers and our employees, for the materials we use, and for the planet we inhabit. In addition to our collection of products, we design custom furnishings for hospitality, retail and other luxury interiors. We also operate Toronto Woodturning, which supplies designers, fabricators and homeowners with custom made-to-order turned parts.
What is the Job?
- Executing all production processes from rough milling to final finishing with little oversight to produce heirloom quality products.
- Developing cut lists from technical drawings and occasionally make custom jigs.
- Operating our production copy lathe for Toronto Woodturning—manual turning skills are a huge asset.
- Occasionally supporting skill development amongst junior team members in sanding, finishing, and milling.
- Evaluating the most efficient order of operations for custom projects.
- Maintaining a professional woodworking shop and equipment—machine maintenance skills are a huge asset.
- A fast-paced and team-oriented workshop experience.
Why work with us?
- You will create heirloom quality solid wood furniture in a supportive and inclusive workshop environment.
- You have a chance to leave your mark on a young company with a growing presence across North America.
- Great opportunity for continued mentorship in developing your woodworking skills.
Who are we looking for?
- A motivated maker who takes pride in doing things well the first time.
- 2-5 years of professional woodworking experience.
- An eager learner looking to develop current skills while adding new ones.
- A thoughtful and considerate teammate who knows when to ask for help.
Send your CV, portfolio, and a note about why you’d be great for the position to email@example.com
We encourage applications from people who self-identify as women, non-binary, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+